Friday 27 February 2009

MASSIVE News...

I've been spending this week getting my head round the fact that I'm going to be a grandmother!!!! Darryl is to become a father, my dad is going to be a great grandad... blimey. I'm far too young, Darryl's far too young, and Abby's far too young!
I was shocked when Darryl first told me last Monday. I said "Oh my God"... and was silent for ten minutes, but now, I've bought some wool to make a baby blanket, lol. It is still early days though, Abby is just 7 weeks pregnant, and it's due on October 5th.
Darryl is realising how life changing this is going to be. I don't think he really wants to leave home just yet. He was talking about things like he didn't think that last Christmas was his last Christmas here at our house, and he's going to miss Matthew etc.
So there, that was my massive news!!!

I've not made any cards, just been finishing Paula's blanket, and now I'm finishing Cheryl's unborn granddaughters, then I shall start on my own grandchilds... that makes me sound SO old!!!!
Justin had his 32nd birthday this week on Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday). I made the best pancakes ever this year! I'm still sort of on my diet, and losing steadily, well ok, around 4lbs lost in three weeks, but that's good.

Darryl left his job, so I got him an interview at the hospital as punishment, so now he works nights from 8.30 - 4.30am Monday to Friday. He likes it now, hated it the first night though.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Roz, Congratulations on becoming a granny!! You def look too young to be one! But a baby is good news. Hope all goes well and I'm sure you will keep us informed. DawnM.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....aw Roz, that must have been a shocker for you. I agree with Dawn, a baby is good news and hopefully Darryl can hold down his job and keep things going. He sounds quite responsible if you got him working again that quickly. You are young to be a grandma but try to enjoy and make the best of it, I know you will. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thank you SO much for leaving a message, it's much appreciated.
Love Roz