Tuesday 10 March 2009

10th of March already???

I can't believe it's been so long since I wrote my last post!!!
I haven't made one single card since I uploaded the last one either! But I have made one and a half blankets for my grandchild in the making. The first one I made with white lustre wool and is quite big and shimmers, it's gorgeous! The second one I'm making is a lemon one, really soft. I shall upload a photo of them tomorrow. I finished Paula's blanket, she loved it, and I also finished Cheryl's unborn grandchilds one as well, also loved it. I've now ordered some cream lustre wool, so I'll use that once I've finished the lemon one.
Oh, and apparently Abby is 10 weeks pregnant now, so she was a week out when they told me she was 7 weeks.

Other news.
The washing machine decided to flood the kitchen on Friday. Justin handwashed a couple of t-shirts, couple of things for Matthew and said he was knackered, lol. I decided to do a handwash as well, pair of Matthew's pyjamas, 3 pairs of pants, a pair of socks, trousers, 3 shirts... my back was killing me!!! So last night we ordered a new machine, and it's coming on Friday, lol. I don't know how they coped with all the washing when people didn't have washing machines!!

4 comments:

  1. Well. You all share a bath on Sunday night, then leave all the washing soaking in the water until Monday morning. Then you and Justin trample on it before pulling the plug. When all the water has drained away, you trample on it some more for luck. Then you fold it all neatly and put it through the mangle...you have got a mangle, haven't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo you have my sympathy- I was without a washing machine for 3 weeks last summer when ours broke down. A new one was delivered in 4 days, but didn't work, so they took it away but instead of sending antoher one, which we thought we were waiting for, it turned out they had cancelled our order completely!

    Hope you get sorted!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roz:
    Oooooooo....can't wait to see the lovely blankets you've made/making. Hand wash hmmmmm....I remember my mom doing that occasionally and using a scrub board - oh dear, I hope all is sorted by now for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thank you SO much for leaving a message, it's much appreciated.
Love Roz