Sunday 14 August 2011

A little bit of crochet.

I bought a new teapot this week, together with mugs, milk jug etc as a matching set from Wilkinsons. I love it! I realised when I got home that I needed a tea cosy, so set about making one... the white one, then I made another one, the pink one, lol... then that got me into my crochet again, so decided to get out the double bed blanket, and I finished it!!! 56 stripes in total, two rows to a stripe... over 28,000 treble stitches!!!!! I love it that the sides got right over the edges of the bed. I started with a chain of approx 250. I got the idea from Attic24 - link over there on the right blog list. I'm now making Matthew a single bed granny stripe blanket... I wonder how long this one will take??

The first three photo's are mobile phone uploads, so the picture quality isn't that good, and then there's the two photo's of the bed blanket. The colours seem richer in real life.
See my tea cosy crochet pattern at the bottom of the post... my first attempt at writing a pattern...  





So the tea cosy pattern. It's basically two sides sewn together. I have written in in the Rest of the World terms, not US.
This is for a 6 cup tea pot.
Hook size 4.5mm
Chain 30.
Row 1. Skip first stitch, then dc into the rest of the stitches, chain 3, turn.
Row 2. Tr into each stitch, chain 3, turn.
Row 3. Tr into each chain space, chain 3, turn.

Keep going until you reach your desired height for your teapot. I personally continued in pattern for 11 more rows. 
You will need to crochet/sew the sides together, leaving a gap for the handle and the spout. I then made a chain of 100 and weaved this through the third row down from the top and tied it... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!
Thank you SO much for leaving a message, it's much appreciated.
Love Roz